Wednesday, February 22, 2012

iPad Adventure Class - Week 2






I am slightly out of order - and I'm sure everyone is wondering "What happened during week 2"?  I am just a little behind this past week!  We used two apps this week to make a radio broadcast of a pretend news report for the Pumpkin Festival.  

Big Sounds by Dragosaurus ($0.99) - This app contains 117 different sound effects!  There are all sorts of animals, cartoon sounds, everyday sounds and much more.  I also really liked how you could turn off certain sounds!  I really liked a lot of the sounds - but there were some that I would rather my children not use!  You can also rearrange the buttons on the app so that all the sounds that you want are in one section. 
Audio Memos by Imesart ($0.99) - or free.  There is a free version of this app that has limited features which is probably adequate for most needs.  This app is a very simple audio recorded.  I have used this to record my son playing the piano or reading.  It's nice to play back and have him listen to himself.  


We also used a iRig microphone for this exercise.  I was very happy with how easy the microphone was to use and how well the sound was.  I highly recommend this microphone if you are going to be doing a lot of recording  It was a little pricey at $49.99.

Here is an example of our radio broadcast!



No comments:

Post a Comment