Friday, March 9, 2012

iPad Adventure Class - Week 5

The final week of the afterschool adventure class is here!  We decided to create a summary movie of the apps that we used over the course of the class.  We used iMovie to edit the movie!  Unfortunately - we did not have enough time - we weren't able to practice or edit as much as we would have liked.  We also typed up our scripts using an app called on air. The On Air app allows your words to move across the screen much like a teleprompter.  I think the students enjoyed this activity.  I'm including the link to the movie - I saved it in lower resolution, but it still takes a few minutes to load. 

http://db.tt/rdkjW4xQ



iMovie by apple - ($4.99) - This app is more expensive than most apps we use - but I have used iMovie on my mac at home and I didn't want to play around with trying out all the other apps.  iMovie is easy to use and very easy to export when finished.  It comes with some base themes and music that can make your movie even sharper.  
You can read more about it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8


On Air by Mark Richardson (Free) - This app is a basic teleprompter app.  This app was simple to use and provided us what we needed quite well.  I will say that this app seems to crash often when used in landscape mode.  If I were going to use a teleprompter on a larger scale I would probably look to other apps.  The price was right for what we needed!
You can read more about it here: http://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/on-air/id398208944?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment